Research & Hope for Stroke
We find options so you find answers
When someone you love has a stroke, you may feel disbelief, confusion, panic and an overriding sense of helplessness. The Research & Hope website shows you what to do, where to go and how to find help. We offer you clear information, support, a balanced view and, above all, we offer you hope.
Although all stroke treatments on our website have undergone clinical trials, most of them are not routinely offered by doctors during stroke recovery. We strongly recommend that you discuss all of your stroke therapy choices with a qualified doctor before you start, as we do not provide medical advice.
- Read More
How we chose the stroke therapies and therapies
- Our aim is to help ordinary people to search through the mountain of data on stroke recovery, so that you can make well-informed decisions. To this end, we have brought together a selection of stroke treatments and therapies that may help rehabilitation after a stroke.
- Almost all of the treatments discussed in the Research & Hope website have undergone reputable clinical trials. In several cases, the research is ongoing but they have shown promising results.
- Some of the treatments we discuss are easily available, while others are only accessible through clinical trials.
- We do not endorse or recommend any particular treatments and you should seek professional advice in relation to all medical decisions. We provide information and listings that we hope are helpful, however disclaimers and warranties apply.
- My Internship with Neuro Hero August 10, 2018
My Internship with Neuro Hero To start this off, I’d like to personally thank Aviva Cohen and Ian Kennedy for taking a chance on and putting trust in a relatively inexperienced intern like myself. Coming into Neuro Hero, I had little sense of my professional identity and was nervous about working at such a higher […]